Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Week of Flower Fun

This week life has been a bit busy for me, so we kept things a little low key. 




Our weather has finally changed from cold and rainy to warm and humid. We enjoyed a night in the park listening to the birds and exploring the "flowers" and other weeds. I am going to put together a "Park Scavenger Hunt" to do in June. As soon as I have my list together, I will share. 


I like to have a desert or food that accompanies our theme each week. This week I attempted to make flowers out of sugar cookie dough. 



The dough didn't look the prettiest. I used a small circle, glass bowl to cut out my middle. I then free handed a petal and then attempted to use it as a template. I stuck the dough all together and then crossed my fingers when I put it into the oven.




I thought they turned out pretty well for...


1- My first attempt.
2- I'm not a perfectionist
3- I had about 5 minutes to decorate. 


The kids loved them and that is all that matters!

1 comment:

wenwin said...

Your blog is so cute! And your photography is awesome! I love it.