Friday, May 20, 2011

The Importance of Family Traditions


 Family traditions counter alienation and confusion. They help us define who we are; they provide something steady, reliable, and safe in a confusing world. - Susan Lieberman

I believe strongly that creating family traditions helps us create our family identity. One of my many goals as a mother is to create a family who supports and loves each other. I want my children to reflect back on their childhood as one of joy and laughter. I am trying to intentionally create these experiences. If I don't, I believe our lives will pass by with colorless experiences due to getting caught up in our dull life to life responsibilities.

This article is fantastic.  It discusses the importance of traditions and identifies 32 ideas to get started with family traditions. Enjoy!

No comments: