Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Friday Flowers: Week 2

Back Story... a few weeks ago I came across cake pops from Bakerella. I fell instantly in love but my first try was a no go. It was terrible, when I tried to roll my cake into balls with the frosting, they kept coming apart. I finally just threw it all away. Fast forward a few weeks... I came across a small brownie mold at AC Moore and knew it was perfect for this week's needs. 


I saw this post from Bake At 350 and knew I must try it for this week's festivities. 

I followed all the same directions except used I used this brownie recipe and used my brownie mold. It was incredibly easy! While the brownies are cooling, add the stick, and let them cool completely. Melt white chocolate by boiling a large pot of water and then placing a second pot with the chocolate on top of the boiling water and constantly mix until melted. Once the chocolate is melted, swirl the brownie in the chocolate and then dip the chocolate into sprinkles. 


Logan is old enough he could have helped me dip the chocolate but he was too busy coloring the flowers. 


Thank you Martha (you know you have made it when everyone knows you by your first name!) for the easy template.

While we assembled our flowers, our family discussed feelings and what we do for people who are sad. Every month as a family, we try to do a service act for someone in need. We decided we would take our flower bouquet to a friend who just had surgery.


I used these faces as part of our discussion. I plan on having the kids color and cut out the faces and attach to card stock.

 Logan enjoyed his own flower pop. 


This is one of my favorite pictures. The son mimicking his mother.

No comments: