Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back At It:: May!

You know sometimes you go through spells where life just isn't grooving along easily. It's been that way for me for a couple of months, but I am determined to get back on top. I figured, in order to keep this blog up, I need to do our weekly activities before I post, hence this post and a different approach to this little blog.


My May theme is Friday Flowers. I find Friday's (and Mondays) are the easiest night for us to celebrate. This month, we are celebrating Flowers and Spring in all it's glory!

Our first week consisted of:

 A yummy Spring treat consisting of apples and raspberries. This is my attempt at a flower. 


Every month I like to decorate our family wall. This month we are decorating with our flower creations. For older kids you can have them draw, paint, sculpt, modge podge their own. There are endless options. Logan likes to glue tissue paper on his.

{To get the shape, I went into Photoshop Elements and clicked on the cookie cutter tool. Next, look at the top and under shape choose flowers. Lastly, chose a flower and click on your document and re size to whatever shape you like.}

 Here are our first three flowers. I think the two that Logan drew look kind of like toenails, but at least he is working on writing his O's. :) I am going to proudly display them in my home.

No comments: