Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's April!

{Please excuse my lack of posts. Life became a bit busy, but we should be back to business now.}

I can't believe March has come and gone and April is now here. Unfortunately, we are not going to be celebrating April Fools (also my birthday!) due to my son having a little oral surgery. However, I have all of April to celebrate everything Easter. 

April's theme was a bit hard and I had to take a break from the alliteration. So after some hard thinking and a lot of x'ing out... April is...

Eggcellent Monday!

However, if you have a better theme, please leave a comment and we may need to change midway through. It's a dull afternoon today and my brain is dead!

This week's festivities include:

Food: 


  • Easter Egg Nests found here. I am going to get some jelly beans for the center. 
  • A few store bought Easter treats
Activities: 
  • Have a cake walk using the Egg Nests as the prizes. I am going to create large eggs out of construction paper and Logan and I will decorate them on Sunday. I will then number each one on the back. We will play some fun family music (love Pandora) while walking from egg to egg. When the music stops, a number will be drawn from a hat, and whoever is on the correct number will get to take an Eggs Nest or treat from the basket. 
  •  I also love this envelope bunny idea from Martha Stewart. We will make our own and hang them (with the eggs) on our family wall. 

I am not a big Easter decoration fan. However, I do LOVE flowers and love this flower/candy idea from Martha.

 I also like this Easter Tree from, yes, you guessed it, Martha.  She is my go- to this week!

No comments: