Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday Celebrations!

I love any reason to party, including my daughter's first party. We try to keep parties, especially the first, very simple and just for family. However, I have started some traditions I like to do for each of my children's birthdays. 


We celebrate Birthday Weeks. I'm still trying to figure out what to do on each day of the birthday week to make it special, so if you have any ideas, please let me know!!!

Since we have family scattered throughout the country, I like to make a birthday card and send it to our family. It's also fun to keep them in a book to reflect back on. Here is an example of the one I did for Hannah. Scrapblog is great to use for these purposes.

I also started making shirts for them to wear on their birthdays with their name and age. I just use an iron on and the cheapest shirt I can find.

I also have a birthday banner I hang up for the week, but unfortunately to picture right now.


For Hannah's birthday, I found this idea from Martha Steward and completely fell in love with it. I decided to recreate it...

Cake making skills are obviously not my forte, but at least one can try!

What are some of your birthday celebrations?

No comments: