Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ahhhh.... Love Day

Tomorrow is the big day! Yes, we are celebrating Twitterpated Tuesday on Love Monday.


I am so excited!

The day will start off with pancake hearts, I am going to try to die the batter red. I also bought red helium balloons and attached them to the chairs. We are decked out in hearts and red!


During the day, we are going to start our "Grateful Book". I really want to teach my children to be grateful for what they have, so a few times a week, we will write what we are thankful for and Logan will draw and color a picture. Once I have the template made, I will share! 


The big evening involves a dinner with our ward missionaries. They have no idea what they are in for. A salad with strawberries and a yummy vinaigrette, roasted potatoes, twice baked Parmesan Chicken, our favorite desert AND I am going to attempt some Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting. Two deserts in one night! We are going to be on a sugar high!


Each guest at our Valentines Dinner is receiving a small bag filled with a little surprise. I found my bags at Target and the surprises include a little stuffed bear for Hannah and a Toy Story chocolate heart and Pez dispenser for Logan. I can't include Curtis's because he reads this. :) The missionaries will get a few sweet treats. 

{My new goal is to celebrate all these holidays without all these sugary treats!}

After dinner and the departing of the missionaries, we are going to play Valentine Bingo. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE My Heart and Home blog. I get so many of my games from there. The Bingo above is for preschoolers but they also have a fun, regular Be Mine Bingo. I also saved these to my computer for next year.


I hope everyone has a splendid Valentines! Curtis bought us {from one of those buy me today for cheap sites} a cooking lesson at home from a chef. That will be interesting! 

Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

wenwin said...

Oh Becky!
What a fun blog. If I did not have activity days tomorrow I would be over there to enjoy all the fun!

Happy red and pink to you all!

Lots of love. The wingnuts.